2012 Application Materials
There are four six year terms designated to be filled this year on the MnSCU Board of Trustees. They are: two at-large positions, one Second Congressional District position, and one Sixth Congressional District position. Terms commence on July 1, 2012.
From the pool of applicants, the TCAC will invite selected candidates for public interviews on June 13 and June 14, 2012. Interviews will be held at the State Office Building in St. Paul.
The links below will bring you to printable copies of the forms included in our application packet. The application form is the only document that must submitted. The other attachments are meant to provide you with information about the council and the criteria council members will be looking for in candidates to the Board of Trustees. The application can be filled out online using Adobe Acrobat, but a signed application must be sent to the TCAC office for consideration.
● Application form
● Frequently Asked Questions
● Selection Criteria
● Responsibilities for Members of the Board of Trustees
● Minnesota State Colleges and Universities Board of Trustees Member Duties and Activities
● Board of Trustees Code of Conduct
● Conflict of Interest Statement
Completed and signed application forms must be submitted by Monday, June 4, 2012. Applications may be sent by e-mail to email@example.com, by fax to 651-297-3697, or by mail to the address listed below.
Trustee Candidate Advisory Council
c/o Legislative Coordinating Commission
72 State Office Building
100 Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., Blvd.
St. Paul, MN 55155
Application packets are also available by e-mail, mail or fax; call (651) 296-9002 to request a copy.
Note: Generally the TCAC recruitment and recommendation process is completed by April 15th of the even numbered year. However, due to unforeseen circumstances, the recruitment and recommendation process for the four seats coming open on the MnSCU Board of Trustees in 2012 will be completed between May 3, 2012 and June 15, 2012.
Not sure what congressional district you live in? Type your address into an online district finder.
Want to learn more about the current members of the Board of Trustees? Visit their official Web site.
* Application materials are posted as Portable Document Format (PDF) files and must be viewed with Acrobat Reader Software. A free version of this software is available on the Adobe Web site. Adobe also provides free accessibility tools for screen reader access.