May 10, 2017, Pension Commission Agenda
At this point in the legislative session, schedules may change frequently and with little notice
due to changes in the House and Senate floor sessions. Please check back frequently
and refresh the page for the most current information.
Legislative Commission on Pensions and Retirement
Wednesday, May 10, 2017, 8:30 a.m.
Room 1150, Minnesota Senate Building
If accommodations under the Americans With Disabilities Act are needed, please call 651-296-2750 (651-296-9896 for TDD).
Printable Agenda (PDF)
- LCPR17-035 (Murphy, M.): PERA; Authorizing an eligible Duluth township employee to elect PERA general plan coverage and receive retroactive coverage. Passed
LCPR17-036 (Murphy, M.): MSRS-Unclassified; Grandfathering current factors used in the calculation of annuities under the MSRS Unclassified Program. Passed
S.F. 1705 (Rosen); H.F. 2126 (O'Driscoll): MSRS; Revising augmentation rates for certain terminated privatized employees (Fairview) Passed as amended
- Staff materials from 3/7 meeting (PDF / HTML)
- Amendment S1705-4A (PDF / HTML) - Passed
LCPR17-038; Minnesota public employee pension plans; Benefit and contribution changes. Passed as Amended
- LCPR17-038 (PDF / HTML) - revised version posted at 10:20am 5/8
- Staff summary (PDF / HTML)
17038-5A (PDF / HTML) Passed
17038-7A (PDF / HTML) Passed
17038-8A (PDF / HTML) Failed
Final action on the 2017 Omnibus Retirement Bill. Passed as Amended
S0545-2A: Omnibus Retirement Bill delete-everything amendment. Amended, passed(HTML version)
- S0545-5A: Dept. of Human Services requested changes to the MSRS-Correctional inclusion procedure. (HTML version) Passed
- S0545-6A: Redirect fire state aid for VFRAs to the State General Fund. (HTML version) Failed
- S0545-7A: Former local police & fire plans benefit increase for surviving spouses and retirees. (HTML version) Failed
- S0545-8A: Former local police & fire plans benefit increase for surviving spouses and retirees - delays the start of funding to 2019. (HTML version) Failed
- S0545-9A: Fire State Aid Work Group membership. (HTML version) Passed
- S0545-10A: Technical corrections and conforming changes, including revisions from MSRS and PERA to their administrative changes. Passed
- S0545-11A: MSRS and PERA board changes. (HTML version) withdrawn
- A17-0442: Technical amendment.(HTML version) Passed
Motion LCPR17-M3: MSRS, PERA, and SPTRFA; Assumptions for salary and payroll growth.